The Fusion Machine is a device in the Roshi Island Lab that allows you to create fusion fighters with your existing ones. There are only certain combinations that work, and those are based off of existing characters in Dragon Ball.
Aside from unlocking new fighters, the purpose of fusion is to combine weaker fighters to create stronger ones. This is because the base stats of fusion fighters are higher than their fusion materials—you can find the base stats for each fighter on their character page.
There are three types of fusion:
- Potara Fusion: Every Potara fusion requires one (not both) of your fusees to hold a set of Potara.
- Metamorean Fusion: No specific items required.
- Special Fusion: Other types of fusion that may or may not require items.
Fusion averages out the following stats of your fusees:
One important variable of fusion is the nature of your fusion fighter. Found on a fighter's summary panel, each nature trait indicates a 10% boost to one stat and a 10% drop in another. For example, you may have a Goku and Vegeta that both have 10% ATK boosts due to their natures, but you might get a Gogeta or Vegeto that get a 10% ATK drop depending on the nature they end up with. It's not too significant since fusions have much higher stats than their fusees overall, but it's worth considering.
NOTE: If you have a shiny fighter, do not use it for a fusion. Whether the fused fighter carries over the shiny status or not is all luck-based, so you have a 1/8,192 chance of getting a shiny back.
NOTE 2: All experience points going towards the next level-up for your fighters will disappear upon fusion.
- A successful fusion will cost 30,000 Zeni, so have that money on hand.
- Depending on the fusion, you may need one of the fusees to hold a special item. Check the fusion list below to see which item you may need.
- Have one of the fusees in your party's first slot. The other fusee must also be in your party.
- You will be asked whether you want to keep the first two moves of each fighter for the fusion, or if you want to default to the fusion fighter's moveset.
- If you choose the latter, you can calculate the fusion's level then check the last four moves below that level on their character page. Those are the four moves the fusion will have by default.
- Select the two fighters, pay the fee, and you now have a new powerful fusion fighter!
Fusion List Edit
Below is a list of all the fusion combinations currently available.
Metamorean Fusions (4): Edit
Metamorean fusion doesn't require any items. All you need are your two fusees and 30,000 Zeni.
- Goku + Vegeta = Gogeta
- SSJ Goku + SSJ Vegeta = SSJ Gogeta
- SSJ4 Goku + SSJ4 Vegeta = SSJ4 Gogeta
- Goten + Trunks = Gotenks
- SSJ Goten + SSJ Trunks = Gotenks 2 (SSJ)
Potara Fusions (4, 2 uncertain, 1 not working): Edit
Potara fusion always requires one fusee to hold a set of Potara earrings.
- Goku + Vegeta = Vegeto
- Kaioshin + Kibito = Kibitoshin
- Zamasu + SSR Black = M-Zamasu
- Kale + Caulifla = Kefla
- Need to check if Mastered Berserk Kefla works.
How to Get Potara Earrings: Edit
- Wild Kaioshin and Kibito fighters have a chance of holding a pair
- It seems Kaioshin and Kibito no longer hold Potara in V6–onward, or do so very rarely.
- On the ground in Victory Road and Kindle Road in V6-onward (except if you already picked the replaced items in your current save)
- Prizes in the Trainer Tower @ Seven Island (Z and Double Z Mode)
- Zamasu and Black hold a Potara when you capture them